USABO: Rules and Regulations
Please read the following rules and regulations governing the USABO competition carefully.
Identification and Security
- Test Administrators must have all of their students register for a Student Resource Center (SRC) account BEFORE the Open Exam.
- Prior to the USABO Open Exam, Test Administrators will receive detailed proctoring instructions by email.
- Before administering the Open Exam, Test Administrators should log into the TRC and print a roster of their students. The roster will have a unique ID number for each student who has registered for a Student Resource Center (SRC) account.
- Only students who register for a SRC account before the exam will be able to see his/her scores using his/her unique ID.
- Test Administrators will be able to see scores for all of their students based on their unique ID number.
Documentation for Open and Semifinal Exam Security
- USABO requires that all students sign and date their exam to certify their identity, acknowledge their participation in the USABO, and pledge that they have followed the rules of the competition. Exams without this information will not be considered.
- A Test Administrator will document that s/he administered the exam according to the rules of the competition and will verify the identity of those students taking the exam. Exams without this documentation will not be considered.
- Each student must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the U.S. and be able to provide proof of US passport.
National Finalists Must Affirm
- No participation in any other 2017 International Olympiad or student research program.
- Adherence to all the rules and regulations governing the USABO and International Biology Olympaid (IBO).
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency (green card).
- Proof of U.S. Passport.
- Attendance for the entire time of the National Finals.
- Attendance at the IBO if they are a USABO National Finals' gold medalist.
International Biology Olympiad
Rules and regulations are found here. The USABO is in full conformity with international regulations.
If a National Finalist who is a gold medal winner fails to follow the rules affirmed above, s/he will forfeit her/his gold medal. In the event that a National Finalist wins a gold medal and is unable to attend the IBO due to circumstances beyond her/his control, the gold medal will be retained. The highest scoring National Finals silver medalist will then become a member of Team USA and attend the IBO.